Tips and Help for the New Freelance Web Writer

From the BloggingDude! Web Writing Tips and Writing For Money!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Web Write For A Tomato Contest

Kagome started as a tomato grower, and its mai...                                      Image via WikipediaI hate tomatoes.  Can't stand them.  Never have been able to.  I hate the squishy pulp.  I can eat some tomatoes as long as their not, well, "pulpy".  What does this have to do with web writing?

Well, I figure that if a person can write an article or blog post that makes me want to eat a tomato then they're a good web writer.  It means they've painted a picture and involved a "call to action" that will make me want to at least try to get to like tomatoes.


So, I'm gonna' hold a contest for you web writers that (hopefully) read this blog.  Here are the rules:

  • Each entry must be no longer then 350 words.
  • Please submit a short (50 word) bio at the end of the entry and a link if you want people to find you.
  • Keep it PG-13
  • Talk about tomatoes and try to get me to like them without using more than a 2% keyword density.
  • Keywords are: Tomato, tomatoes and (of course) web writing.  Use each keyword at least once.
  • Oh yeah, and it has be original.  Don't send me a Heinz ketchup bottle commercial.  Just make me want to try a tomato.  A whole, pulpy tomato.  Not tomato sauce.  Not tomato ketchup.  A tomato...any tomato.
  • Send submissions to bloggingdudes@yahoo.com  
That's it.  Prize is $15.  Sorry it can't be more but, hey, $15 for around 350 words is super sweet.  The contest starts now and runs through next Saturday, 22 October.  I'll announce and publish the winning entry here at "Tips On Web Writing".  I can pay through PayPal. 

If you have questions please don't hesitate to ask via the comments.  Don't worry, I won't publish your submission until I have contacted all of the web writers that take part.  Show you web writing stuff! 


Good stuff.
  Peace out.


Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Forgot to put this in the first time. It's added now but send all submissions to bloggingdudes@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing....

    Its a good post...
    Nice to see this sharing...


    Christmas Scavenger Hunt

    ReplyDelete