Tips and Help for the New Freelance Web Writer

From the BloggingDude! Web Writing Tips and Writing For Money!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Web Writing Isn't Everything

7th Army NCO Academy AFPTImage by 7th U.S. Army JMTC via FlickrI'm at my best in the mornings. You would think that I use that as my writing time.  I don't.

Call me a fool but I choose to use my night, quiet time as my writing time.  Sure, I'm at my best before 9 a.m.  While I'm at my best in the mornings, my best web writing happens at night. Gimme' a couple cups of coffee and a cigarette and I'm ready to roll.  Most of the good stuff happens then and I choose to use it for stuff other than writing.

  • Work out.
One of the thing that I think many web writers and bloggers forget about is their physical fitness.  Well, I'd like to remind you all of two things.  One, health and life insurance isn't cheap so it greatly  benefits you to stay in goo shape.  I mean, "not on the brink of death if you get up to get a cup of coffee" shape.  And, secondly, we all want to make lots of money with our web writing but what good is it if we die when we're young.  Work out!

  • Chores/Housework
I'm a geographical bachelor which, in the military, is a common term.  What it basically means is this:  I'm happily married with lots of kids but they don't live with me.  I have to maintain my household, keep it in living conditions and ensure that I'm not getting over run with cockroaches.  I do this in the mornings, too.

  • I Surf The Web
This may come as a surprise but web writers, especially those wanting to earn money, need to keep up with the latest trends, hot topics and styles.  I do this in the mornings.  I read blogs, read the news, research topics and check stats.  I don't want to be bothered with this "crap" at night when I'm actually writing.

I'm not rich.  I'm not the world's Number 1 Web Writer.  I make money from my writing though, and I want to help you to do it, too.  So subscribe and let's go for a ride!



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment