Tips and Help for the New Freelance Web Writer

From the BloggingDude! Web Writing Tips and Writing For Money!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Web Writing For Money With HubPages

Image representing HubPages as depicted in Cru...Image via CrunchBase
I'll admit it.  Writing on the web for money by placing articles on HubPages took a while to grow on me.  I didn't like the idea of giving my web writing to someone else to "share" the money with.  Besides that, when I first started blogging or web writing for residual earnings I was impatient.  I put a few articles in different places and then, when I didn't earn much (zero, actually!) I got disgruntled.


Keys To Web Writing For Money With HubPages


This is gonna' be quick and dirty because I truly feel that no matter how many tutorials or "how-to" articles you read, you just need to do it and learn.  There are, however, some keys (not secrets!) to make your money making writing more successful.

  • You need to write alot:  No matter how much research you do or how "hot" your topic is the traffic and interest will die down eventually.  When your 40 to 50 views on one article per day die down to 2 or 3 then what happens? Well, you need to have about 15-20 articles getting a few impressions and reads per day.
  • Do Some Keyword Research:  I don't condone writing solely for search engines as you have already found out if you have been reading my posts for more than a day or two.  You do need to do some research though.  If you have a writing topic idea then go to Google Adwords and type in a couple different versions of the keywords you want to write about and see which has the most traffic.  For truly optimal results, use several different versions of that keyword or phrase various times throughout the article....but do it naturally!
  • Backlinking:  Right now Google and other search engines give a lot of credit to what I like to call "peer recommendations".  When people read your article and share it on social networks, +1 it, or link it on their own sites then the search engines see it as "more valuable".  It makes sense.  If it is quality writing with great worth then more people will want to spread it around.  The problem is that many people don't get that kind of recognition for their writing-even with a high page-ranking site like HubPages.  A good tool for creating backlinks in a natural, "legal" way is to use http://www.socialmonkee.com/index.php?af=29576 .
 That's it!  That's all you get.  Now...go out there and Make Money Web Writing!

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Thanks for sharing useful post regarding web writing. It's really very informatics post. I read and enjoy it. I really appreciate for that.

    Article Writing | Website Content Writing

    ReplyDelete