Tips and Help for the New Freelance Web Writer

From the BloggingDude! Web Writing Tips and Writing For Money!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Web Writing For Money: Do Your Homework

Medieval illustration of a Christian scribe wr...Image via WikipediaWeb writing isn't just a hobby.  I can't stand it when I see that written somewhere on the web.  You should have pride in everything you do.  I sometimes have to pull my emotions in, keep them in check when I see things on blogs.


"Sometimes you have to blogs to keeps the contents freshly on your site."  I read that today somewhere and, yeah, it pissed me off.  I run another blog for work at home dads over bloggingdudes.com and I know I make grammatical errors in there.  I might make some here, right now.  The difference is this:  I make web writing mistakes because I have ADD.  I'm impatient.  When I see blogs that should obviously be written in another language then I get aggravatded.

So, what is the point of this post?  Why am I writing on web writing and venting about web writing?  Because.  Because, I want you to take pride in the writing that you do.  When you write a piece for $2.00 or $32.00 I want you to take pride in what you're doing.  That little piece of text could possibly be seen and read by millions of people.  Whether those people see it right away or over a period of time, a lot of people are going to see your writing (maybe not a million, but a lot).  You owe it to everyone else who writes for the web to do your best at all times.

Is there any particular post that you all want to see?  Anything you want to know?   Lemme' know...  See you on the flip side!



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment