Tips and Help for the New Freelance Web Writer

From the BloggingDude! Web Writing Tips and Writing For Money!

Monday, June 27, 2011

If Content is King, then Regularity and Accuracy are its Queen and Concubine



I titled this post because of another blog that I read. Soon into this freelance writing endeavor  I quickly realized that my friends on Facebook, while helpful, wouldn't be enough to generate traffic to this website to get ranked somewhere near a spot in the search engine behemoths in order to make a living.  No offense, guys.    My freelance writing and this blog, which hopefully helps beginners like me, are the focus of my free time right now.  As well as making money writing for online writing sites and practicing my freelance writing fair trade mantra.


Write, Post, But BE CAREFUL!

I do agree that you need to turn out content that is relevant to keywords at a furious pace. On this site (if you haven't noticed) my keywords are: content writing, article writing, freelance writing and freelance writing sites.  I DO NOT agree with the second half of the linked article's "rule 1", however, which states "DO NOT be afraid to make mistakes."

I am terrified of making mistakes, mostly because I make a lot of them.  I am in impatient writer.  I write, read through, and post in rapid fire.  And then, more often than not, I recognize a spelling or grammatical error later on down the line and go back to correct it.  I just think that in my attempt to market myself as an "affordable freelance content writer for articles" that I should at least show some competency.    I actually have a company helping me optimize my site and I did cringe at the meta-data and description on the site when they used the word "affordable".  I just didn't want it to equate to "cheap".
Represent Your Writing on Your Site Accurately
I know the linked post most likely (I hope not, anyway) was not referring to my type of site.  In this type of site my blog posts, linked sites, and other relevant data are a direct reflection of any amount of skill and talent I have at this job.  So, while I don't agree that mistakes should be accepted I do think that with the amount of posting that is necessary to get a page ranked they will happen.  Just make sure that you are not taking mistakes for granted and allowing them.  Post, post, post and post some more.  Use relevant key words and ensure that your freelance writing business is well represented.  You can get people to the page but will they cringe when they get there?  Be bored? 

If you write with a witty, humorous accent to your content then you should display it.  If you like the very technical and precise medical writing (I'll do it, but I am not a fan!) then demonstrate that.  If you can do both-please-show it all off. Let it all hang out!  Once people do start visiting and customers want to hire you than they will be drawn not only to your "affordable content article writing" but also to YOU and YOUR STYLE!

Let me know what you think.  Send me a quick note at the email listed on the "My Freelance Services" page and tell me I'm right, wrong or that I made several mistakes in this post. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice article. The King's Joker(humour) is important too. He is the kings trump card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Humor can make or break content.

    ReplyDelete