Tips and Help for the New Freelance Web Writer

From the BloggingDude! Web Writing Tips and Writing For Money!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Some Light In The Tunnel

Light at the end of the Tunnel. Remnants of th...                                   Image via WikipediaIf you own a blog that you post on then you're a web writer.  If you have ads and hope to bring in some cash with that blog then you're a web writer for money.  If you don't have one of those things going on then I suggest that you start immediately.  Why write only for other people?  Write for yourself, too!  Pick a topic that you love and get to writing and creating content for you.


 
                                                                                                

Why Blog With Your Skills?

Because they are your skills.  Your own site and your own money when it starts coming in!

Blogging For Dads is my main site.  It is self-hosted and my first true endeavor into blogging for money.  I got lucky with it but not for the reasons you may think.  I don't get a lot of traffic yet or make tons of money from writing there but I love it.  Much like this blog.  I enjoy writing on both of them and whether I have a successful money day, week or month on either of them I can't stop writing for them.  To me, that is true luck.

Recently though, I've seen some light at the end of the tunnel and I only write this post because if you're writing for money then you need to know that it can be successful with unique content, time, and my definition of "luck".

I have an email responder on Blogging For Dads that sends a person a free eBook when they subscribe and join my list.  It has been active since July 17th of this year.  In that time I got about 9 subscribers.  In the last two days though, I've added 4.  It surprised me.  I like the service and it's only $19 a month!

The Reason For The Increase 

  • Google made a "Panda" update to the way its search engine finds sites and I have started to hit higher and more often for a lot of my key words.
  • My content is starting to get close to the 100 post mark which is just about where I thought I would need to be for me to make a dent in the highly competitive, over saturated "blogging" and "make money blogging" niches
  • Most importantly: Ever piece of my content is original and I have not swayed from the many keywords I am shooting for in the rankings.
I'm not shaking my own hand here.  This is simply a post to let all web writers out there that making money on the net is possible with time and by practicing all the correct web writing best practices.

You can do it...so get to it!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment